2024 Key Dates
- 8pm AWST Wednesday 13 March 2024 – Entries close
- Mid-April – Artists notified of selection outcome
- Late-April – Public Announcement of finalists
- 20 May – Artwork Delivery to Holmes à Court Gallery
- 24 May – Mandorla Art Award Exhibition opening event
- 25 May to 15 June – Exhibition open to the public
- 15 June – Closing party and presentation of People’s Choice Prize
- 17 and 18 June – Deinstall and collection of unsold artworks not touring
- Mandorla Art Award Prize – Acquisitive: $30,000
- Highly Commended Catholic Archdiocese Prize: $5,000
- Highly Commended Anglican Diocese Prize: $5,000
- People’s Choice Prize – provided by Benedictine Community: $2,000
- New Norcia Artist Residency Prize: 1-month residency at the New Norcia Museum and Art Gallery on the site of the New Norcia Benedictine Monastery; $10,000 fee as well as accommodation, studio space and meals.
How to Enter
The terms & conditions outlines whether you are eligible, the entry requirements, restrictions for artworks and other important information, including about the selection process, sale of artworks and touring exhibition. To submit an entry please complete the Online Entry Form
All fields are to be completed and the submission includes:
- $50 entry fee. Payment will be made online at the time of submission.
- Artist’s Statement: a synopsis of the submitted work to a maximum of 800 character (including spaces).
- Artist Biography: an overview of the artist’s practise and key achievements, to a maximum of 800 character (including spaces).
- Up to 3 quality images of the artwork for consideration. At least one image must be of the entire work and at least one image must be a detail of the work.
- Artists working in VR, video and other screen-based mediums must supply a link – and password if required – to a streaming or file sharing service, where an excerpt of no longer than 4 minutes of the artwork can be viewed.
Information for Finalists
If you are selected as a finalist in the Mandorla Art Award Exhibition you will be notified by late April.
The exhibition will be held at Holmes à Court Gallery in Gooyaman | West Perth and artworks must be delivered or freighted to the gallery prior to installation on 21 May 2024. The Curator will provide further information to finalists about delivery requirements.
To ensure your artwork is ready for installation:
- 2D Artworks must be fitted with two large ‘D’ rings (20mm) that are 1/3 down from the top.
- Artworks must be delivered in clean packaging material and labeled with the artist’s name and the artwork title on the back of the work.
Freighting of artworks is arranged by the artist, at the artist’s expense.
At the end of the exhibition, artists will be notified prior to Collection Day if their artwork has sold or selected to be part of the Touring Exhibition.
Mandorla provides a number of educational opportunities for artists to further understand 2024 theme and to prepare a strong artwork entry. This includes a forum, retreat, and webinar. Please see our events page for more information.
The Mandorla Art Award Exhibition will include a dynamic program of artist talks, curator tours and celebrations. Follow us on social media or subscribe to our newsletter to hear about these.